Mount Olive strives to achieve a “gentle with the earth” approach to every aspect of parish life.
The Mount Olive Vestry has established an Advisory Committee for Care of the Earth/Climate Justice. The committee’s task is to help the parish, its committees, and its members and friends to live into the “Gentle with the Earth” statement the congregation adopted in 2017.
How you can participate
- Read “Gentle with the Earth.”
The statement says, in part: “The world we serve is not just the people of the earth; it is also the world in which humans live, the environment—earth, air, water, soil. God’s creation includes all creatures: our sisters and brothers, the plants, the rocks, the atmosphere, the animals, other humans.”
- Find out about the “Paris Pledge for Action,” a commitment from thousands of organizations worldwide to actively support the 2015 Paris Agreement to cut greenhouse gas emissions in half by 2030.
The pledge says, in part: “We realize that dangerous climate change threatens our ability and the ability of future generations to live and thrive in a peaceful and prosperous world.”
- Investigate the history of Mount Olive’s involvement in the climate issue, including our partnership with Minnesota Interfaith Power & Light.
- Check out these resources from the Interfaith Power & Light Cool Congregations Program and Green Christian.
- Consult this directory of climate justice statements and organizations.
For more information, contact the vestry president.