At Mount Olive, we seek to embody the presence of God, finding abundant life and fulfillment when we use our time, talents, and resources as God’s hands, feet, and heart at work in the world.
Within Neighborhood Ministries we walk with our neighbors to create healthy, safe, thriving communities by:
- providing direct services and programming,
- hosting community events and activities,
- carrying out advocacy,
- simply listening closely to the rhythms of the street.
Every extended hand or smile is a ministry to our neighborhood and one another.
We use a wide variety of avenues as we engage our neighbors.
- Diaper Depot: Offer packs of diapers at a much-reduced price.
- Sheridan Story: Prepare backpacks of food for families at Jefferson Community School and support school programming.
- Bargain Box: Gather and sell new and gently used clothing for infants and children.
- Summer ACTS: Help kids ages 9 to 14 learn skills and build relationships through a supervised jobs program.
- School Supplies: Fill and distribute backpacks with basic school supplies (late summer).
- Community Meals: Prepare and serve a delicious lunch two Saturdays a month.
- Our Saviour’s Meal: Prepare and serve dinner to 50 residents of Our Saviour’s Housing program.
- TRUST Meals on Wheels: Deliver noon meals to a local senior Monday through Friday one week each month.
- Open Space: Share Mount Olive’s parking lot for spring and fall garage sales and National Night Out.
Contact for all ministries:
Anna Scott, Neighborhood Ministries Coordinator
612-827-5919, ext. 14