Paying down debt from Mount Olive’s innovative green renovations in 2017 will propel the congregation toward its mission of ‘being the presence of God’ in our city and world in the years ahead.
In the summer of 2021, the congregation commissioned a steering committee to lead a new capital appeal, Boldly into the Future.
Why a Capital Campaign?
As we resume a more normal post-pandemic schedule, it’s good to appreciate the 2017 improvements:
- A more comfortable, healthier sanctuary and undercroft — and a reduced carbon footprint — made possible by climate-friendly geothermal cooling and heating
- A more accessible, welcoming Parish House entrance
- A more attractive south parking lot for humans and bees, with plantings and a rain garden
- Soul-stirring music from our fully functioning Schlicker pipe organ
- Beautifully restored stained-glass windows and improved structural integrity thanks to much-needed repairs to the roof and walls
The improvements were exciting – no one misses the sweltering Sundays in the pews. But, more importantly, they allow us to “live” our commitments:
- To care for the Earth
- To welcome all
- To ensure that our majestic organ continues to inspire future generations
- To be a positive presence in our neighborhood for decades to come
Through thoughtful investment in our building, we are able to serve others. The need to reduce carbon emissions, promote inclusivity, equality and justice and welcome all into our community is perhaps even more urgent in the 2020s than it seemed in 2017. This appeal hopes members and friends will prayerfully consider a contribution.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.