In all we do, the people of Mount Olive live in the presence of God and strive to be the presence of God. This is as true in our South Minneapolis neighborhood as it is within the walls of our building. We expect to encounter Jesus in all we meet, wherever and whoever they are.
Our diaper program still exists, but it no longer operates out of our building. We now take requests by text and then deliver diapers to homes. If you need diapers, please text 612-216-8637 with the following information:
- Your name
- The number of children in diapers in your household
- The sizes of diapers you need
- Your home address
After we receive your request, we will let you know how we will get diapers to you.
Bus Cards, Rent Assistance, Utility Assistance, Laundry Vouchers, and Other Support Programs
We continue to offer a variety of community support programs, both in-person and though electronic means. We also partner with other community service agencies. If you need help, stop by Mount Olive or text us at 612-216-8637.
Are You Looking for Help?
Hennepin County Waypoint provides a comprehensive list of community service organizations, sorted by the type of service provided. This website is a good starting place for anyone who needs assistance, and many of Mount Olive’s partners are included on it.
When a neighborhood need is not being met by another organization, Mount Olive often sees not a problem but an opportunity to create a program that serves those who need care. We also cultivate relationships with a vibrant system of neighborhood partners, often working alongside them to support our community.
If you are interested in getting involved in Mount Olive neighborhood programs, please click on the links below to learn more about them. Then contact Jim Bargmann, coordinator of neighborhood ministry, to talk about how you could serve our neighbors.
- Bargain Box: Gather and sell new and gently used clothing for infants and children.
- Diaper Depot: Offer packs of diapers at a much-reduced price.
- Our Saviour’s Meal: Prepare and serve dinner to residents of Our Saviour’s Housing program.
- Every Meal: Prepare backpacks of food for families at Jefferson Community School and support school programming.
- Summer ACTS: Help kids ages nine to 14 learn skills and build relationships through a supervised jobs program.
- Cold Weather Warming Site: Mount Olive is a part of the Hennepin County Cold Weather Warming Site program, proving a safe location for those on the street who need shelter when temperatures drop.
Mount Olive is open as a warming site any time the temperature drops below 10 degrees, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We need volunteers to welcome those seeking shelter. We also need people willing to provide snacks—cookies, rolls, coffee, and hot chocolate for our guests.
- Advocacy: Please contact Jim Bargmann, coordinator of neighborhood ministry, about opportunities to advocate on behalf of issues important to our community.